The verification of identity process can be completed in-person if your customer has presented at your business with their documentation.
The Scan ID in Person feature is available on all account types - if you don't see it in the Management Portal and would like to use it, please contact us.
In-person VOIs require your client's physical presence with their identity documents. You'll need to use a compatible device to scan your client's documents.
Steps to do an in-person verification
- Log into the Scantek Management Portal
- Click the Add New button from the top right of the screen
- Select the In-person VOI tab
- Complete the relevant form fields
- Click Send Link to Myself
- If you are logged onto a computer when completing this process then when submitted you will be sent a link to your mobile or email (depending on your security defaults). You will also have the option to scan a QR code to start the verification. Read our article on QR code safety if you are considering downloading an app to do this step
- If you log into your account on a mobile or iPad then you will be automatically directed to the secure webpage in which you will complete the verification of Identity.
- Capture your client's documents by following the prompts
- Capture your client's selfie using the guides on screen
- Return to the Management Portal to view the results of the verification
|Q.||Can I add extra documents to the transaction?|
|A.||Yes! See Request additional documents to support a verification|
|Q.||How does billing for the verification work if we use in-person?|
|A.||In-person verifications are charged to your monthly billing invoice.|
|Q.||Can I change which mobile number the link gets sent to?|
|A.||Portal users with Owner permissions can view and update the phone number and email address for accounts via the User Management settings screen.|