Providing camera and location access before starting your identity verification
Many devices by default prevent access to camera, microphone and/or location. Scantek's solution needs access to one or more of these features to verify your identity. We only access these features during the VOI process.
The steps for providing access varies depending on device and browser.
iPad / iPhone
Settings need to be updated in two places for iOS devices. Safari web browser is required for completing the VOI process. See below for instructions.
First, you will need to update your iPhone Privacy settings as follows:
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Privacy / Privacy & Security
3. Select Location Services
4. Scroll down to "Safari Websites" and select this option
5. Change to While Using the App
6. Go back to Settings on your iPhone
7. Scroll down to select Safari
8. Scroll down to select Camera
9. Change to Allow or Ask for all websites
10. Repeat step 9 for Microphone and Location
Android devices (like Pixel or Samsung)
First, ensure you are using Chrome for your browser and follow the links below for more assistance:
- Ensure you are not in Incognito mode
- How to turn on camera and microphone
- How to turn on popups
- How to turn allow location sharing